You may ask what a typical track day looks like. Check out below, and if you have any questions, let us know.
Unless otherwise specified, all club events are held at Speedway 660 in Geary, NB.
Keep an eye here and on our Facebook & Google+ pages for any per-event updates.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/frederictonmotorsportsclub/
- Google+ - https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104995383893288850274/+FrederictonMotorspo...
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/dwightery
Approximate Event Schedule
For event dates, please check our event post on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/frederictonmotorsportsclub/
The per-event schedule is as approximately as follows. Check the per-event posts on facebook for any additional details
Tentative Schedules - Weekend Events
- 9.00 - 9.45 - Registration, Course Setup and Scrutineering
- 9.45 - 10.00 - Course walks
- 10.00 - 10.20 - Driver's Meeting, Group Course Walk
- 10.20 - 12.30/1pm - Test & Tune, School
- 12.30 - 1.00pm - Break
- 1.00 - 2.30 - Group 1, Competitive/timed runs
- 2.30 - 4.00 - Group 2, Competitive/timed runs
- 4 to 6 runs per group, depending on group size, start times, delays, etc.
Tentative Schedules - Weeknight Events
Unfortunately, we will not be doing "Test & Tune / School" sessions during evenings, as there isn't enough time
- 5.00pm-6.00pm - Registration, Course Setup and Scrutineering
- 6.15pm - Drivers meeting, Course walks
- 6.30pm - Cars on Course, Competitive/Timed runs
- ARMS Membership - included in club event entry fees
- Event Entry Fee - $20 per event, $30 if attending both test and tune & competitive events on the same day
- all drivers must have a current valid driver's licence
- all street-legal cars must have a currently valid MVI sticker and past a quick tech inspection on site. make sure your battery is secure!
- all drivers and passenger must wear a safety helmet (Snell-approved M or SA 2000 or newer). Club has helmets which can be borrowed.
- wear tight fitting, closed-toe sneakers. Sandals, even sport sandals, should not be worn.
- all participants must serve as track marshals when they are not driving their vehicle in competitive runs.
- remove all loose items from vehicle, both in the trunk and in the car to avoid items moving around during your runs
- if you bring friends along, ensure they sign the insurance waiver. ride-alongs are permitted during the morning and afternoon (timed, competitive) events.
- top off oil and consider bumping tire pressures a bit. Suggest at last a half tank of gas, though the nearest station is only about 10 minutes away.
- fly repellent & sun block are a good thing to bring along
- if you can help out cleaning up the course after the event, it's much appreciated!